During this year’s Meisinger 2016 Annual High Altitude Comprehensive Implant Symposium, curasan Inc. was lucky enough to sit down with Dr. Dan Cullum to talk about the book Minimally Invasive Dental Implant Surgery: the new clinical text he co-wrote along with Douglas Deporter DDS.
As someone who has learned, taught and developed different techniques over the last 15 years, Dr. Cullum has seen a significant impact for his patients that have resulted in shortened treatment times and reduced discomfort as well as combining multiple procedures into one – all of which he details within the book.
Some highlights of the information and insights we gained from talking with Dr. Dan Cullum include:
- The audience of the book is “established implant practitioners — from those that are starting to do more advanced procedures to those with significant clinical experience.”
- Cullum is hoping that readers will better understand ways “to do things that hurt less and result in faster healing” which is why “there are a lot of images that show both graphical and photographical demonstrations of the techniques.”
- There is also a great deal of information on various ‘stackable skills,’ “that can be integrated into various treatment protocols.”
- Overall Dr. Cullum said he enjoyed the process of writing the book and working with, “multiple contributors from all over the world who had different techniques and experiences yet all possessed a common philosophy that helped to knit together a cohesive understanding and comprehensive picture of minimally invasive treatment.”
- The biggest takeaways Dr. Cullum dispensed were that dentists should “always do the best thing for the patient” and how to begin to utilize “a number of different philosophies on how to perform patient centered treatment that results in excellent and long-term stable outcomes with minimized risk.”
For more information about Minimally Invasive Dental Implant Surgery and where to buy it, visit either Amazon or Wiley where it is available as both a hard copy and an e-book. For more information about Dr. Dan Cullum visit his website or connect with him on LinkedIn.
This interview was conducted by curasan Inc. one of the premier companies in the bone grafting and tissue regeneration industry. To look through our wide range of products visit our products page. For more information about curasan Inc. or if you’d like to contact us, visit our about page.
curasan Inc. thoroughly enjoyed speaking with Dr. Dan Cullum, and would like to thank him for his time. We are excited for whatever his next project will be.